Making the most of exhibiting
Exhibitions can be daunting, there is so much to think about and prepare before, during and after exhibiting. Specialist hospitality marketing and PR agency Custard Communications shares its top tips for getting the most out of exhibiting at an exhibition.
- Pre-exhibition. Planning is key and this will begin with how much space you have available to exhibit in. Once you determine this, you can begin designing how your exhibition space will look and feel.
- Design! Do not underestimate the impact that design has on the overall success when exhibiting. Every element from colour, spatial awareness, lighting and signage will affect how people interact with you and your business brand.
- Technology. Gone are the days of simple stands, modern technology is leading the way and people are choosing to be interactive. This doesn’t have to be fancy, even using tablets for delegates to input information will create a buzz, and ensure that their overall time spent at your exhibit, increases.
- Staff. You may have the most spectacular space and exhibition stand at the venue, but this means nothing unless you have engaging staff at the forefront. People invest in people, fact! Make sure your staff know your business inside out and are passionate about it.
- Make friends! This might seem simple, but you will have the chance to look around and to meet other, and when you do, capitalise on every possible networking opportunity. You never know where future connections will take you, or your business.
- Set goals, but relax. Go with goals in mind, whether that is to speak to five new businesses or obtain a certain number of new contacts, but always try to relax. People don’t like to be pounced upon for information or rushed to enter data.
For more PR insights and top tips visit: www.custardcommunications.com