The power of surveys
A survey can provide insightful statistics to create innovative angles and high impact infographics to summarise key findings. Specialist hospitality marketing and PR agency Custard Communications shares their top tips for getting the most out of conducting a survey.
- Why a survey? New research can create buzz around your brand or product and can add depth to your campaign.
- Write your dream headline first! It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking about the survey questions but if you work backwards from the headline, you will be able to determine what angle you would like the media to use.
- Reach your target. Think about your readership and what publications they enjoy and whether that is print or online. It is important to have a clear direction of who your target audience is, so that you understand what information will be relevant to them.
- What to ask? Once you have decided on your headline and your chosen target audience, it’s time to write the survey questions. Try to offer multiple choice answers so that you can extract even more data from the results. This can often open up several story opportunities.
- Statistics don’t have to be boring! Data can be used creatively to produce visually exciting infographics to highlight key findings. Visual representations shouldn’t be underestimated as they can offer instant impact and they can also be shared across social media channels.
- How many people do I need? Depending on what publication and what results you are looking for will determine what sample size you will require. In most cases 300-1,200 respondents will provide a reputable amount of data that journalists will love!
For more PR insights and top tips visit: www.custardcommunications.com