The mia is one of the fastest growing associations in the conference, meetings and events sector.
Founded by a proactive group of hotel and conference centre operators and booking agent colleagues with the sole objective of making a difference within a sector that, whilst totally unique, is responsible for thousands of jobs, both direct and industry servicing roles.
The determination of the association’s leadership during its 26 year history has given the conference, meetings and events industry an accreditation scheme, industry awards, invaluable research and a voice to government.
The association holds a ‘Not for Profit’ status and continues to be governed by a dedicated group of volunteers who are industry professionals with active leadership roles within their own organisations. With their guidance the mia continues to evolve with the industry it serves making this one of the most appropriate membership choices for any organisation operating in the sector.
We support our members by:
- providing extensive regional networking opportunities on a monthly basis.
- helping them to achieve the highest standards of facilities and service through achievement of AIM, the industry standard of quality and excellence.
- providing a library of best practice and quality standards guidelines.
- promoting AIM to industry buyers.
- delivering tangible benefits which support members in the achievement of their own business goals.
- by the provision of information, education, research and advice all of which lead to improved business performance.
- by sharing issues of sector importance with them.
- by raising the profile of business tourism with government