Gü, Coca Cola, Walt Disney, The Coconut Collaborative and Green & Black’s case studies, to feature as Speakers’ Corner partner with The Meetings Show to deliver high profile speakers at Olympia next month. The sessions will provide insight and expertise designed to inspire attendees and help them grow in their roles, whilst delivering ever more impactful and relevant meetings, conferences and events.
Speakers’ Corner has curated the entire Branding & Marketing stream for The Meetings Show 2017 including:
- Building a successful brand second time over – James Averdieck, Entrepreneur, Founder of Gü and The Coconut Collaborative. James Averdieck founded and built Gü into a $50m international business, which he sold 7 years ago. 4 years on he’s at it again with The Coconut Collaborative – a health brand growing at 300% a year.
- A quiet revolution – Rafe Offer, Brand Manager at Coca Cola and Walt Disney Company and Global Marketing Director for Diageo. Rafe will speak about the evolution of Sofar Sounds – starting from a living room in north London, to being hosted in over 300 cities around the globe. He speaks about innovation, company culture and the importance of customer insight using real-world examples from the international brands he’s worked with.
- Sweet dreams: the story of Green & Black’s – Jo Fairley, Founder of Green & Black’s. Leading female entrepreneur and co-founder of the ethical chocolate brand, Jo Fairley shares the lessons every business needs to follow using the rollercoaster story of her business success.
Other content created in collaboration with Speakers’ Corner includes sessions focused on the successful implementation of social media campaigns, its impact as a marketing tool and management of what is an ever-changing media landscape. They include:
- Better Than You Know Yourself: Influence, Fake News, Algorithms, and Your Online Self – Aaron Balick, Author of the Psychodynamics of Social Networking. The amount of personal information that you freely put online is unprecedented, and it’s being used like never before. But can an algorithm really know you better than you know yourself? The answer is complicated – but so are you.
- Putting the “So what” into digital marketing – Andrew Davis, Authority on digital and social media, who played a leading role in launching BBC 1Xtra and MySpace. With more and more brands investing resources into digital marketing, showing a return is key. But how do you know what success is in a world that is forever changing? Andrew will break down the 3 most important questions event planners need to address in their digital marketing efforts.
“Once again, we are delivering thought provoking and inspirational content to our audience of meetings professionals across a wide range of relevant topics,” comments Steve Knight, Event Director of The Meetings Show. “These sessions represent engaging and creative learning opportunities focused around brands and experts with years of experience. The Meetings Show is not just a meeting place and marketing place it is also a learning place full of opportunities to exchange knowledge and share with a host of industry colleagues and leaders from around the world.”
Organised by Centaur Live (a division of Centaur Media Plc), The Meetings Show is the premier event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place 13-15 June, 2017 at Olympia, London. Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education.