Networking kicks off at KidZania London with the hosted buyer welcome reception, sponsored by Lime Venue Portfolio. The whole week goes on to include a variety of opportunities for the industry to gather, network and conduct business in a host of different environments, venues and styles.
One particular highlight, sponsored by The Meetings Show, London & Partners, Visit Scotland and Visit England is MPI’s Rendezvous, which lands in London for the first time from 2100-0100 on 14th June at Under the Bridge, Stamford Bridge. It is a chance to network and party until the early hours with a host of industry colleagues. Tickets are available from either MPI or The Meetings Show’s website or at the Showon the MPI UK & Ireland stand (E502).
“The Meetings Show is about far more than just three days exhibiting at Olympia, it is a chance for the whole industry to gather, share ideas and develop business opportunities,” comments Steve Knight, The Meeting Show’s event director. “I am delighted that so many other organisations are recognising this and developing their own events to coincide with the Show. Once again I expect the week of the show to be the highlight of the UK’s meetings industry calendar.”
Networking opportunities continue throughout the week, at either formally organised events or in the Lounge Bar, where industry peers can gather and relax in comfort. In addition visitors can watch any of the Euro 2016 matches taking place during the show in the Football Lounge (G220), sponsored by Wales in partnership with Cardiff, hosts of the UEFA Champions League Final in 2017.
Networking events and receptions include:
· Visit Belfast (I402) are celebrating their year of food and drink with Shortcross Gin tastings on Tuesday and Wednesday from 1300.
· Venues of Excellence will be celebrating their rebrand from Conference Centres of Excellence at 1500 with a Prosecco and Canapés reception on Stand H700.
· Raise a glass and say Happy 50th Anniversary to Macdonald Aviemore Resort (E310) each day at 1500.
· From 1530 to 1630 Meet in Ireland will be offering hospitality on stand H600.
· Manchester Central invite attendees to join the team and their trusty sidekick Barna-bee on stand J600 from 1530 for drinks and a prize draw.
· On Tuesday (and Wednesday) from 1600 until 1730 Visit Leeds will be hosting their “End of Day Drinks” (Stand H303) featuring, most importantly – cake!
· VisitScotland (Stand H400) and their Scottish partners will be hosting a cocktail reception on Tuesday and Wednesday at 1600.
· The Barbican team (Stand I500) are inviting visitors to join them for bubbles and a chance to hear about extensive upcoming refurbishment work every day of the Show from 1630.
· The Exclusive Dubai Reception for association, corporate and agency professionals provides an opportunity for buyers to discover what’s new in Dubai between 1730 and 1900 in the Dubai Hosted Buyer Lounge.
· Liverpool will be hosting an event from 1800-2100 in partnership with The W. Hotel, London where buyers can hear from partners including Virgin Trains, ACC Liverpool and Liverpool Football Club. Personal invitations are available from their stand.
· From 1900 onwards, The FRESH Dinner is returning to The Meetings Show. Renowned throughout the world for the quality of the participants and engaging content, it is an evening not to be missed. Tickets are available fromhttp://ow.ly/Frs0300oPhv
· A French Breakfast will be served from 1000 on the Atout France Stand (B505), providing the perfect opportunity to network and find out why France is a perfect fit for meetings of all types.
· Join Team Manchester Central for a Manchester Coffee Morning on stand J600 from 1100.
· 2016 is a special year for imago as they celebrate 25 years of award-winning service, world class facilities and connections. Visitors can help them celebrate between 1600 and 1700 (Stand L600).
· The Winery Hotel in Stockholm, which opened in January 2016, is the first boutique hotel in the world to double as an urban winery. Wine tastings will be available from 1630-1730 on the Swedish Stand (C500).
· Millennium Hotel’s Agency Party will include entertainment from Benny Lee and the Whistle Stop 5 from 1830 to midnight at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel in Kensington. Attendance is by invitation only with further details available from Stand E210.
· From 1845 at the Novotel London West, Accor will be hosting a themed event to tie in with their Wizardy Wins promotion, providing guests with a spellbinding evening of cocktails, food, drink and music. Information is available from Stand (F302).
Organised by Centaur Live (a division of Centaur Media Plc), The Meetings Show is the premier event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place 14-16 June 2016 at Olympia, London. Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education.