Focused on The Big Conversations You Need to Have to Keep Your Meetings Alive, The Association Meetings Conference, taking place the day before The Meetings Show opens, will cover themes and topics including technology, attracting a younger audience, marketing and creating a buzz, content verses commercialisation and creativity.
Keynote sessions and speakers of note include: Alessandro Cortese, CEO at the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology; Phil Allen, CEO of Customer Value Management GmBh and Paul Bridle, Leadership Methodologist and CEO of Excellence Squared.
The Association Meetings Conference, specifically created to address the needs of association meeting professionals will take place on the eve of The Meetings Show on Monday 13th June at Church House Westminster. The Association Meetings Conference is free for those attending The Meetings Show as a hosted buyer, who also receive an additional night’s accommodation.
The Association Meetings Conference’s programme has been created by Linda Pereira, Conference Chair and Executive Director, CPL Events. It has been designed to tackle the needs of domestic and international in-house planners and event professionals working with associations. Sessions are split into two streams; one designed for event organisers working within associations, whilst the other has been created to fulfil the needs of PCOs, AMCs and CVBs working in the association sector.
“The Association Meetings Conference has gone from strength to strength and is now firmly established as a high quality event for those delivering meeting and conferences to the association market,” comments Steve Knight, The Meetings Show’s Event Director. “Attendance last year doubled and we are already seeing a significant take up for 2016. I am once again extremely grateful to Linda Pereira who has used her extensive expertise in the world of association events to pull together a creative and engaging programme focused on the needs of the audience.”
- Meetings: the most boring part of my job – Alessandro Cortese, CEO at the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Understanding Value and Delivering on it – Phil Allen, CEO Customer Value Management GmBh and Paul Bridle, Leadership Methodologist CEO of Excellence Squared
- Commercialising Event Portfolios – Paloma Cid, Group Manager of the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Winning Sponsorship Model: From Identifying Sponsors to Delivering on your Promise – Sarah Wiggin, VP Sales GSMA.
- Getting the Most out of Destinations – a moderated session exploring best practice in collaborations between destinations and international destinations featuring: Steen Jakobsen, Director, Dubai Business Events; Lesley Williams, Head of Business Tourism, Marketing Edinburgh; Dawn Page, Director, UK and Northern Europe, Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Applications for The Meetings Show’s hosted buyer programme opened in January and are available to those buyers looking for a host of flexible benefits to enhance their on-site experience. A semi-hosted option is also available for London and South East buyers looking to minimise time out of the office.
Organised by Centaur Live (a division of Centaur Media Plc), The Meetings Show is the premier event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place 14-16 June, 2016 at Olympia, London. Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education.