The Meetings Industry Association’s (mia) prestigious miaList was announced on Monday 28 September during a celebratory lunch at the Park Plaza Riverbank hotel, London.
A total of 9 industry stars, one team and one industry leader have earnt their place on the miaList 2015 for commitment to excellence in the industry. Jane Longhurst, chief executive of the mia welcomed more than 250 guests to the ceremony, “Thank you to all of you for coming to this fabulous venue to recognise the exceptional individuals that make this industry special. The high calibre of individuals nominated this year has meant it has been exceptionally difficult for the judges.”
Jane welcomed Steve Knight, director of The Meetings Show, who sponsored the event and Andrew Mosley, Chairman of the mia, to the stage to congratulate the stars who made it on to the miaList 2015.
The individuals recognised on the miaList 2015 are:
- Front of House category: Olivier Nanchi, Front of House Manager, EEF Venues – Engineers House
- Support category: Davide Graziano, HR & Training Coordinator, Wyboston Lakes
- Food & Beverage category: Tom Gore, Executive Chef, The Brewery
- Sales & Marketing category: Sales – Naomi Phillips, Group Sales Director, Classic Lodges.
- Sales & Marketing category: Marketing – Maria Schuett, Head of Marketing, Central Hall Westminster
- Conference & Events People category: Toni Mountford, Corporate Sales & Events Team Leader, Alton Towers
- Conference & Events People category: Rob Brumell, Conference & Events Operations Manager, Twickenham
- Rising Star category: Hollie Dann, Assistant Conference Co-ordinator, Foresight Centre
- Team Award: Bovey Castle – Events Team
- Leadership Award: Mark Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, QEII Centre
- Industry’s Most Inspiring Individual: Kevin Beckett, Commis Chef, Robinson College
When asked how it felt to be recognised as the industry’s most inspiring individual, Kevin Beckett, commis chef at Robinson College said, “It’s truly amazing. I’m 51 years old and it doesn’t get much better than this. You are never too old to learn and never too old to achieve.”
Due to the incredibly high standard of nominations received, a number of shortlisted individuals also received special recognition:
- Martin Miller, Business Analyst, Leicester Conferences
- Kim Usher, Food & Beverage Team Member, Holiday Inn Maidenhead/Windsor
- Paul Foster, Head Chef, Mallory Court Hotel
- Simon Timmis, Senior Marketing Manager, IET Head Office
- Gemma Gore, Conferencing & Events Officer, Leeds Beckett University
- Craig Fraser, Conference & Events Operations Manager, Whittlebury Hall Hotel & Spa
Join the conversation on Twitter: @MIAuk #miaList2015